10.13.2008

Tales from above the tree line

Some tiny fragments will be made public, those remembered, and those permitted. All of this is written on stolen paper.

I went above the tree line. To wander among the mountains, to let nature have me. And I saw.

I left the EU, and the uneasiness came over me. I was detached from Civilization, left to battle for myself against forces unknown. Norway. The brief foray in to this vast wildernss was soon over as I crossed over the fence separating the countries. A fence you say? Well, apparently the EU does not allow norwegian reindeers to enter its borders. Fortress Europe indeed.

I heard something, a sentence uttered. I remember it being two ladies talking in an hotel slightly below the tree line. This is what one of them said to the other: ..."he had found a way to make the day go..." Succinct and easy. A remarkable discovery, a beautiful description of the human struggle. Is he content?

And then some more fragments and quotes that stuck during this struggle of a summer.

"I have not been able to get over my successes"

...dare I go back? Am I already gone?

"Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion"

damn...


Tell!
Well...
Well?!
Hell
Well...


There's a man standing with a nice(an ice) shirt. Collared and framed, his face is indistinguishable from the outfit. He's wearing suit pants; ironed sharp. The hair is combed in an orderly fashion, with glasses to match. A black grown up coat completes the type. Clean.

I don't recognize myself. Is this the man that lived, loved and lost in Cairo? This is not me, I will resist!

Mirror, mirror on the wall, stop this nonsense! Who is this man?!

What am I doing now?

No comments: