10.18.2008

Commissioned!

"Welcome to the most prestigeous and best employer in the world. Ask anyone at the UN, NATO, IMF or the World Bank."


I was seated, listening to the best of my abilities to the speaker who was switching effortlessly between english and french. Beside me and around me young people from all over Europe. Balts, Italians, French, Brits, Germans, Danes and more. All of them with flawless english and most of them with french too; in addition to all their other languages. Movers they were. Around Europe they'd been, studying and working. Science Po, LSE, Sorbonne and the like.

These were the elect few, the chosen, the future.

And me.

Some time ago, years, I would have eaten it all, but now...

What am I doing among these...elites and priviliged ...europeans? I'm lost, I went into the wrong room. Jag gömmer mig i mitt huvud; här inne är jag fri och mig själv. Med mitt eget hemliga språk som ingen av dom där förstår. I remain on guard.


And for lunch: Champagne

No comments: